Research confirms that rates of failure to secure a first dose of newly prescribed medications in major chronic disease categories are disturbingly high. Indeed, the failure rates in community-based settings (at community pharmacies, for example) range from 22 to 28 percent. Substantial rates of failure, between 15 and 26 percent have even been found among highly integrated health care systems like hospital and nursing homes that often have in-house pharmacies.
The goal of our Medstobed Program is to improve the health of patients and make the hospital discharge process convenient and accommodating to individual needs. By providing medication bedside/home delivery and counseling, we intend to improve the treatment outcomes of our patients and reduce hospital re-admissions.
How can we help: Care coordination between providers make the discharge process seamless. Some of the following benefits to improve patientoutcomes by:
- Discharge from hospital with medications already in hand
- No delay or interruption in medication therapy with auto-fills
- Increase medication adherence
- Improve follow-up rate with primary care or specialist after discharge
- Cost effective medications (Same or Lower Copays than Pharmacy Chains)
- Reduce stress during patient's transition to home or continuum of care
Please call us at 210-684-1579 and speak with our Patient Care
Coordinator to find out how to take advantage of this service.